Author Topic: Password Protection Leaves Lots of Things Unlocked on the UI  (Read 39 times)

Offline GrDukeMalden

• Kudos +0/-0
Password Protection Leaves Lots of Things Unlocked on the UI
« on: February 10, 2020, 07:56:46 AM »
So I'm a paid pro user. I wanted to ask the devs to make sure ALL buttons on the UI are totally locked down by the password protection. Clicking around on the UI while typing this up.

I'm able to open and restore things from the quarantine without entering the password for my settings.

I'm able to switch out of silent mode from the tray icon without entering the password to my settings.

I'm able to start a full system scan and tell it to ignore things without entering my settings password.

I'm able to remove things from the ignored list from the quarantine and history without ever needing to enter my settings password.

I'm able to make SAP leave silent mode by starting a full system scan without entering my settings password.

But if I click on the part of the UI that tells me when the last full system scan happened that will start a full system scan without making SAP leave silent mode....Still able to tell it to ignore things from there though with no password input.

I'm able to open and freely use all functions under the "Info & licenses" menus without having to enter in my settings password.

I'm able to uninstall SAP without ever needing to enter in my password. I'm also able to use Process explorer with admin rights to terminate many of SAP's processes (all except just one)

Devs! Please make the password protection on the settings lock these things down. I have a kid that sometimes uses my computer and I don't want them to be able to fiddle with those functions.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:03:13 AM by GrDukeMalden »
I fiddle with whitelisting software.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +14/-0
Re: Password Protection Leaves Lots of Things Unlocked on the UI
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 11:38:18 AM »
Thank you very much for your feedback. We will enhance the password protection.