Forum Support > Software Problems and Questions

Norton detected SAP component

(1/2) > >>

Yuki:
Hi, NIS 2014 detected and automatically removed SAP's file.
Here's screenshot.

As it seems to be temp file, I'm not sure whether reporting it to Symantec makes sense. Even after report, probably same thing will happen.
Oh, sure, just now I got another warning and NIS automatically deleted similar [EDIT: I found it's actually the same file. Myabe SAP downloaded/created it again] file again. Can you do sth about this?

Yuki:
Even worse, now I tried to download SecureAPlus installer but Norton detected and blocked it.
Why don't you bother to register Symantec's whitelisting program which I've been suggesting several times? It may cost for you but otherwise you may loose potential customer who uses Norton.

hendy:
Thank you for informing us. Actually we have registered our software to Symantec whitelist, and it has been approved since September 26th, 2013.

Yuki:
Then it's even weird...  :-\

I get same warnings for similar files even after I whitelisted detected ones.
It seems they are def file for localAV. I reported to Symantec, hope this address the issue.

Yuki:
Hendy, Norton still keep detecting SAP's temp file but this is their answer (relevant part only).

--- Quote ---Upon further analysis and investigation we have verified your submissions and as such this detection of the SecureAPlus installer will be removed from our products.

But, for the provided tmp file, it's the definition file of SecureAPlus which contains plaintext malicious characters. The vendor SecureAPlus should encrypt theirs definition file to avoid False Positive. We recommend you to contact this vendor to fix this issue.

As a temporary solution, you can add the tmp file to exclusion to avoid detection.

--- End quote ---
As they suggested, pls consider to encrypt def files to prevent FPs.
Cheers!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version