Forum Support > Software Problems and Questions

SecureAPlus Slow on Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC

(1/4) > >>

Anthony Royer:
Hi,

I am using a VM (VMware Workstation Pro) with Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC.

I installed SecureAPlus 5.1.0 with the AVIRA plugin.

Cepedant I find SecureAPlus very very slow, when I do an EICAR test on the site of Kaspe ... (ZIP x1), SecureAPlus does not react at all. I have the time to decompress the ZIP and execute the .exe file and nothing happens ... And only after at least 1 minute of waiting, SecureAPlus notifies me of a threat.

Is this problem because of the VM or this specific version of Windows?

I hope this will help you.

hendy:
We don't detect compressed file, but if you extract the file, it should be detected.

If you encounter slow detection, it may be due to the slow response of our cloud engine (depending on the internet speed).
You can try to turn off the real-time scanning from Universal AV.

Anthony Royer:
Thank you for your reply.
What I do not understand is that I have a good internet connection and that the EICAR.exe file has been uncompressed on the desktop. I was able to double click on it and execute it without detection of SecureAPlus and without blocking by the Whitelist while Eicar is not approved.

Anthony Royer:
Hi,

I have just done a new test.

I just installed the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 1809 on a physical machine (not virtualized).

I directly installed SecureAPlus 5.1.0 without ClamAV. I then activated my Premium + AVIRA license to install the AVIRA update.

I restarted my computer, I let the initial scan finish to establish the Whitelist.

And I oddly the same report, I download the file Level1.zip (https://support.kaspersky.com/fr/viruses/avtest), I decompress eicar.exe on the desktop, SecureAPlus detects nothing.

It takes a good 30 seconds to get a reaction.

What I do not understand is that I have AVIRA in offline + APEX and so I should have an immediate detection.

Note that about 6 months ago, with AVIRA (without APEX coup), I had never encountered this problem.

Thank you in advance for your help, it is rather a problem.

hendy:
Hi,

For your latest test, did you try to disable Universal AV real-time scanning?
The slowness may be caused by our server side response, not from your side, but we still don't know whether it is because of the geo-location, or any other reason. If the speed improve after you disable the Universal AV real-time scanning, we may have to check on our server. We will see on how to improve this from our server side.
If you only use Avira + APEX, without Universal AV, it is supposed to be fast.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version