Author Topic: Windows re-installation query  (Read 8137 times)

Offline Georgios Angelopoulos

• Kudos +0/-0
Windows re-installation query
« on: March 19, 2018, 02:19:48 PM »
Hello everyone,

I am thinking of downgrading my Windows 10 machine to Windows 8.1 Pro.
I have a feemium licence of SecureAPlus which has an extended expiry date due to the viral security program points awards.
If I nuke the machine and reinstall SecureAPlus, can I use the same licence to reactivate and get the same expiry date?

Thanks in advance.

Offline JohnStampede

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +2/-0
Re: Windows re-installation query
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 09:02:33 AM »
Hi Georgios,

It's great to know that you are intending on continuing using SecureAPlus Freemium after downgrading to Windows 8.1.

Reinstalling or downgrading your OS will generate a new Device ID when you install SecureAPlus on the reinstalled/downgraded OS (it's considered a different device at that point). As it is recognized as a new install, you immediately get a 1-Year Freemium License.

Please do note that Freemium licenses are non-transferrable by design to avoid possible abuse. We do however make it incredibly easy to earn points to extend your license with the Viral Security Program. With a 1-Year Freemium License, there is plenty of time to easily earn enough points to extend the license.

We do however make some exceptions. Let's say you've recently (within a month) just exchanged points for a license extension but somehow ended up having to reinstall or downgrade your OS for any reason, we do assist the user with reinstating the expiry date from the recent extension. In this cases, please do contact secureaplus[at]secureage.com so our team can assist with the matter.

I hope that you found this helpful.

Regards,

John
SecureAPlus Team

Offline Georgios Angelopoulos

• Kudos +0/-0
Re: Windows re-installation query
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 10:14:09 PM »
Thanks for the reply.

That was exactly my point knowing that the freemium licence is tied to the machine.
I already have extended the licence to 4 years through the viral security program and it would be a shame to lose it.

I will contact SecureAPlus after formatting the PC