Author Topic: new system drive --> whitelist.log combarded with reports re Firefox.  (Read 12353 times)

Offline A R

• Kudos +0/-0
Hi,
I've replced the system drive. The old drive was copied using Arconis True Image, and booted & works smoothly.

but now, C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log\whitelist.log gets hammered , by the seond, with complaints about firefox .js extansions, example:
2018-02-01 18:33:42 ### Rename of untrusted file, file size 3424, process trust level 1, process c:\program files (x86)\mozilla firefox\firefox.exe, trust level 0->0, user: AR, SID S-1-5-21-3016076860-1748687825-3674290354-1000, old file c:\users\AR\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\p5wyehqa.default\browser-extension-data\videoresumer@jetpack\storage.js.tmp, new file c:\users\AR\appdata\roaming\mozilla\firefox\profiles\p5wyehqa.default\browser-extension-data\videoresumer@jetpack\storage.js

firefox is whitelisted, of course.

Any idea?
Thanks.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: new system drive --> whitelist.log combarded with reports re Firefox.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 08:59:01 AM »
Hi,

As a browser, FireFox by default will be put under restricted application list.
For the detail on what is restricted application, you may refer to: https://support.secureaplus.com/how-can-i-set-applications-as-restricted-application/.

Any executable or script files created or renamed by an application that is in the restricted application list will not be automatically trusted. There are many cases that a browser is used as an entry point for a harmful code to enter user's system. As we set the browser as a restricted application, we can prevent the harmful code from running, as the code will not be trusted.
I hope this help to explain why the file is not trusted, and do not need to worry about it.

If your really want to allow the script to run, you can manually trust the file. For the detail, you may refer to: https://support.secureaplus.com/set-trust-levels-for-your-file/

Regards,
Hendy
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 09:01:01 AM by hendy »

Offline A R

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 06:45:23 PM »
Thank you for your answer. My main concern was the constant writing on the SSD, now I realize that this is an attempt to update an extension that is and will be failing?

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 11:30:33 AM »
The files are successfully written, but they are not immediately trusted. When there is an execution, if you are in the interactive mode, Application Whitelisting will ask for your permission to run those scripts.

Offline grtert like

• Kudos +0/-0
I concerns this problem very much

happy wheels