Author Topic: Slowdown  (Read 10188 times)

Offline John Legg

• Kudos +0/-0
Slowdown
« on: January 04, 2018, 05:48:12 AM »
I am having a very peculiar problem with SecureAPlus premium.  With SecureAPlus running everything works fine just after a re-boot.  Gradually over time it takes longer and longer to open an application.  Normally Firefox takes 1 second to open.  A day after a re-boot it takes 4 seconds, other applications exhibit the same behavior and each day it gets slower.  Ending SecureAPlus tasks and service don't help, I have to disable them and re-boot to restore my computer (Windows 10 Pro) to normal operation.  I have tried eliminating startup applications one by one and the culprit is definitely SecureAPlus.  I am running SAP 4.7.7 with the No AV option, that doesn't help either.  Task Manager shows the problem is not a memory leak nor high CPU usage.  My wife's laptop has the same setup and same SAP version and has no such problem.  Does anyone have a clue as to what is going on?  I hate to give it up, but at this point I have no choice unless we can come up with a fix.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: Slowdown
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:56:09 AM »
Currently John Legg is helping us in troubleshooting the issue.
We will update the forum if there is any significant progress.

One of the known issue of slow down is when a user running ClamAV in parallel with other third party engine. Usually one antivirus engine will take about 500 MB of memory. Running 2 engines in parallel will take around 1 GB memory. For users who has limited RAM, this is known to slow down the machines.

Offline Mark Ladue

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 06:59:27 PM »
Hi Hendy, did you figure out how to avoid the slowdown or at least mitigate it? I'd appreciate any suggestions. I'm planning on upgrading my machine, but it is what it is atm.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2018, 04:34:47 PM »
I'm sorry for the late reply. From our side, to avoid the slowness, we have tried to reduce the resource consumption by some intensive processes. This should be done automatically in the background. During the initial full system scan, if you feel that it slow down your machine, you can set the full system scan speed to slow, so that it will give up more resources, which at the end will speed up the machine.

One of the most common reason of slowness is lack of memory. In this case, we will advise to choose only 1 offline antivirus engine, either from SecureAPlus or other third party antivirus that user preferred. If users have their own preferred third party antivirus engine, we will advise the user to turn off ClamAV from SecureAPlus.

Offline DelysTinkerbell

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »
Thanks a lot! I've experienced such a problem becuse I used Secure APlus and Comodo altogether so I removed Comodo - and now PC works perfectly!