Author Topic: Applying points  (Read 8621 times)

Offline Omni

• Kudos +0/-0
Applying points
« on: May 26, 2017, 07:35:07 PM »
I seem to be having a problem applying ponts. I follow the simple instructions, but "Device ID - Device Name" pop down list does not open in the "Choose Device" box. When I look at "My Devices", they seem to be in order. I'd like to extend my license, but I'm running into this problem. Please help... and thanks!

Offline JohnStampede

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +2/-0
Re: Applying points
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 04:26:41 PM »
Hey there Omni,

I believe you are referring to the Viral Security Program where you are trying to claim a Freemium License to extend your existing license.

If you say that the devices are listed on your My Devices list but are not appearing on the drop down, it is highly possible that those devices are already using a Premium license or at the very least on a Premium trial.

The Viral Security Program points can only be exchanged for Freemium license, so if you are trying to extend a device already on Premium, it will not be listed.

I hope this resolves your issue but if not, please drop us an email at secureaplus@secureage.com. If possible either use your SecureAPlus account email to contact support or at the very least let us know what SecureAPlus Account email you are using.

Offline Omni

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 07:59:49 PM »
Thanks JohnStampede! I appreciate your help.

It would seem that SecureAPlus should have made that clear from the start before I solicited my family and friends to try this program.

Offline Cabrina Yeo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 11:12:56 AM »
Hi Omni,

We believe we have made it clear that the Viral Security Program is for Freemium license and this is reflected on the SecureAPlus portal as shown in the image below:

To see if your device is on freemium or premium license, you can check under "My Devices" and the star icon at the left side will indicate your device being on freemium or premium.

Once your current premium license expired, the system will revert it back to freemium license and that's when you can apply the points to extend your freemium license. There is expiry date for the points so you can use it anytime once your premium license has been reverted back to freemiu license.

Hope this gives you a better understanding on identifying freemium or premium license. Nevertheless, we thank you for sharing our software with your family and friends and we will take your feedback into consideration in improving our website and making it clearer to our users regarding the viral security program :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 11:17:04 AM by Cabrina Yeo »