Author Topic: SecureAPlus 4.2.0 - File index service is not ready yet  (Read 34694 times)

Offline Sueton Tranquil

• Kudos +0/-0
SecureAPlus 4.2.0 - File index service is not ready yet
« on: March 25, 2016, 08:08:56 AM »
Hi, I have installed SecureAPlus 4.2.0 and after more than 24 hours of scanning the "File index service" is not going to finish its job. It says "File index service is not ready yet". My OS is Windows XP. Executing "chkdsk /f" doesn't help anyway. Restarting OS is no solution too. Executing your service tool "RefreshFileIndex.exe" is impossible because my OS denies access. Running as administrator causes the message "no Win32 application". Could you provide a fix or working tool to solve this well known problem? Thanks in advance

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: SecureAPlus 4.2.0 - File index service is not ready yet
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 01:01:48 PM »
To help us to better understand of what is going on, could you send us the following log file: UniversalAV.log.
Please send the file to secureaplus@secureage.com.
To go to the log location, from SecureAPlus main UI, click on "Info & Licenses"->"Diagnosis"->"Go to log location"

Offline Sueton Tranquil

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2016, 07:32:34 PM »
Hi, I've sent the UniversalAV log file via email. Today still the same problem "File index service is not ready yet. Please wait.........". Regards

Offline Sueton Tranquil

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 04:28:17 AM »
Hi, unfortunately there are even more errors in this application in addition to the "File index service problem". In App Settings -> Universal AV -> Customize Active AV Engines - Error code: 12002. The operation timed out.
In my AntiVirus log file a lot of errors like:
### Failed: uav.secureaplus.com/GetOnDemandStatus.php. Error code: 12029. A connection with the server could not be established
### Universal AV on demand scan failed, file: "...". Error code: 12029. A connection with the server could not be established
### Failed: uav.secureaplus.com/GetOnDemandStatus.php. Error code: 12031. The connection with the server was reset
### Scan failed, file "...". Error code: 12031. The connection with the server was reset
Real-Time Scanning decreases copy speed from 28 MB/s down to 2 MB/s. I had to disable Real-Time Scanning. Offline AV is slowing down the performance of my system. I installed twice and at last without Offline AV. Need help or I have to uninstall.  :o Regards
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 04:42:50 AM by Sueton Tranquil »

Offline Matt g

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2016, 03:39:19 AM »
I'm having the same problem to. Windows 10 x64, SAP 4.2.0.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »
We've made some changes which hopefully can solve the File Index issue.
You can try to download and install the following:
https://secureaplus.secureage.com/download/FixedUAV_v4.2.0.5.exe

If it still does not work, please send us your UniversalAV.log file to secureaplus@secureage.com

For Error code: 12002 it is related to the server that could not response in time. My colleague  has tried to fix the server. Please try again.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Offline Sueton Tranquil

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2016, 11:29:33 PM »
Hi, I've installed your fix and after reboot still the same problem "File index service is not ready yet. Please wait". My OS is Windows XP Professional. Regards
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 11:41:14 PM by Sueton Tranquil »

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:30 AM »
Sometimes this may be caused by file system issue, or the file index database itself corrupted.

You can try to download and run this utility:
https://secureaplus.secureage.com/download/RefreshFileIndex.exe

What it does:
1.       Run chkdsk /f after the computer rebooted. This is to check and fix the file system issue.
2.       Force the file index to refresh its internal database

Offline Bruce Weinstein

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 11:33:10 PM »
I am having this problem, too on 4.6.1

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2017, 03:20:07 PM »
Does it solve after you run the RefreshFileIndex.exe?

Offline Bruce Weinstein

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 08:31:07 AM »
To all with pblms.

I took Hendy's suggestion to reinstall over the existing pkg - this cured my issue.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2017, 05:03:34 PM »
Thank you for updating us the progress.
For those who has service not running issue (e.g. Search Service: Not running), or other error regarding to SecureAPlus service or driver, may try to use the same method to resolve.
Try to reinstall SecureAPlus over the existing installation (no uninstallation is required). In most cases, those issues should be ironed up after re-installation.

Offline Hubert Skibiński

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2017, 10:46:43 PM »
Thank you for updating us the progress.
For those who has service not running issue (e.g. Search Service: Not running), or other error regarding to SecureAPlus service or driver, may try to use the same method to resolve.
Try to reinstall SecureAPlus over the existing installation (no uninstallation is required). In most cases, those issues should be ironed up after re-installation.
I used to have a similar problem. I uninstalled and removed all program files. I installed again, scanned all disks again and the problem subsided.

Offline jyhuj rtwer

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2022, 11:12:06 AM »
All program files were uninstalled and deleted. The problem went away once I reinstalled and scanned all of the disks.

super mario bros