Author Topic: Suddenly Unavailable License  (Read 7558 times)

Offline Elle Mitchell

• Kudos +0/-0
Suddenly Unavailable License
« on: January 22, 2016, 01:35:24 PM »
Two days ago, after accessing the internet through a new network, my SecureAPlus 4.1.2 suddenly shows my 18-month license (due to expire next year) as being unavailable. Besides the pop-up prompting me to buy a new license, all features are are locked down. Initial whitelisting runs, which I'm completely uninterested in and think /i topped or turned off during inital install last fall. Everything is showing up properly in my online account
9device name and ID, license number, etc) but all tha Application Whitelisting settings are missing. I could uninstall and reinstall but am afraid I'll continue to get the message "License already activated for this machine". What do I do to fix this problem?

Offline asan

• Administrator
  • Kudos +2/-0
Re: Suddenly Unavailable License
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2016, 01:52:47 PM »
Hi Elle Mitchell,

Can you please zip the logs in C:\ProgramData\SecureAge Technology\SecureAge\log and send it to secureaplus@secureage.com?

Agus

Offline Elle Mitchell

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 05:24:52 AM »
Thank you asan / Agus. I have just sent the log files.

Offline Elle Mitchell

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 09:49:10 AM »
EMAIL:

"There is a service (SecureAPlusService.exe) that is not running properly.

To fix this, try to reinstall SecureAPlus on top of the existing installation (uninstallation is not required).

Thanks and regards,

Hendy Chandra"

I reinstalled as instructed and the problem was solved. All whitelist settings, the license and its expiration were restored and the program is now operating normally. Thank you. This normally wuld have been my first option to fix the problem but I was afraid of locking out being able to reuse the license.