Author Topic: Round 2 Suggestion: Settings Window Apply (All)  (Read 8765 times)

Offline Nobody Somebody

• Kudos +0/-0
Round 2 Suggestion: Settings Window Apply (All)
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:00:26 PM »
This suggestion is with regards to the Settings window. Right now in it's current form it can be an annoyance to choose a setting in a tab (say.. changing internet connection plan) without pressing apply, then changing to another tab (like Message Popup), the previous selected setting is not saved, nor is it applied when you click apply in another tab. It can be annoying to click apply every single time per-tab.

My suggestion is one (or both) of two things

1) Have the apply button save the selected setting changes for each tab in a menu group (i.e. Universal AV being one group with all it's tabs, Scan settings being another, etc), thus allowing settings in multiple tabs to be changed and then applied all at once, rather than being annoyed upon discovery that it resets the selected setting upon going to a new tab.

2) Potentially add an "Apply All" button at the bottom that would apply all settings selected across all tabs and menu groups (such as those selected in Universal AV and Scan Settings without ever clicking the separate "Apply" button in each tab).

Offline JohnStampede

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +2/-0
Re: Round 2 Suggestion: Settings Window Apply (All)
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 03:45:04 PM »
The way Settings worked on the old UI was understandably annoying as you have described and we had intended to improve this as we progress through the Beta. The Settings window was not covered in Round 2 so the improvements are not yet visible.

Now that we are in Round 3 the approach is more on making most changes to the settings automatically saved (the exception is on setting a proxy server for the virus signature). This should address your issues.

As this issue may have already been addressed with the latest shift to Round 3, I will be closing this thread. Should you have any further issues with the settings, please start another one with the subject including Round 3.