Author Topic: I want to know how the initial whitelist is created  (Read 8325 times)

Offline Partha Roy

• Kudos +0/-0
I want to know how the initial whitelist is created
« on: November 09, 2015, 12:15:20 AM »
Hi everyone,

This is Partha and I am new to the forum. I am a little curious about the initial whitelist that gets created during the Initial Full System Scan.

The site says that it automatically creates your initial whitelist from applications you already trust and run, and this is exactly the part I would like clarifications on.

I would like to know how SecureAPlus identifies the applications that I already trust. How does it figure that out?

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: I want to know how the initial whitelist is created
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 08:25:22 AM »
The initial whitelist will trust all the applications that have been in the hard(s) disk prior to SecureAPlus installation.

Offline Partha Roy

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:19:50 PM »
I see but there is a drawback. Imagine that there are applications that have been in the hard drive prior to the SecureAPlus installation and they do not have a certificate. In such cases, the initial whitelist would also trust them.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 03:29:32 AM by Partha Roy »

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:18:58 AM »
We can understand your concern about this. After the initial whitelist completed, SecureAPlus will submit the hashes to Universal AV server for scanning. This is to check whether there is any applications that not supposed to be trusted (e.g. trojan, malware). If it found any, it will prompt the user. Once the user take an action (e.g. quarantine or delete), the hahses of those unwanted files will be also automatically removed from the whitelist.

Offline Partha Roy

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:45:57 PM »
Okay, thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 02:50:44 PM by Partha Roy »