Beta Program > Suggestions

Round 1 Suggestion: Better classification of protection

(1/2) > >>

Xeset:
On the main UI, the top left side shows 'Fully Protected' even if Real-Time scanning, universal AV and offline AV is disabled. It even shows green ticks. The right side, under Universal AV Scan, "Universal AV is disabled" is written in red, but the left side says fully protected.

I think the green ticks should be changed to red crosses instead, or an intermediate option since some people opt for other AVs. Maybe it should be red crosses if other AVs are not installed and an intermediate option for those with other AVs installed.

hendy:
Last time our user actually suggested that we set the security feature to be green if they manually disable all the AV components (Universal AV, Offline AV, and real time scanning). The reason that they do this is because they only want the Application Whitelisting feature from SecureAPlus, and they use it along with other third party AntiVirus.

Xeset:
Yes I understand, but what about those users who don't use a 3rd party AV?

hendy:
When those AV components are disabled, SecureAPlus will also notify Windows Security Center. If Windows found that there is no other 3rd party AV registered, it will notify the user.

Xeset:
And then the user will think:

Oh but I already have secureaplus installed. Secureaplus must be faulty, since all are green ticks. What they do after that, nobody will know.

I don't think all users will actually know that Secureaplus is able to both complement other AVs and be an AV itself. Those using it as an AV wouldn't want the green ticks on when those options are off

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version