Author Topic: Round 1 Suggestion: Popup Window Location  (Read 9233 times)

Offline Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Kudos +0/-0
Round 1 Suggestion: Popup Window Location
« on: October 28, 2015, 02:41:11 AM »
Currently, I have SAP on my secondary monitor as it is doing its initial scan.

I click on the "software update" button and the popup windows appear on my primary display, lower right corner, rather than the display in use by the SAP main window.

Two issues with this:

1) It interferes with system notifications and when everybody puts their notifications in the same exact spot (lower right, primary display), then your security warning may very well get covered up by my e-mail notification.  Additionally, without the ability to change the Z-order, I cannot choose which notifications I want to deal with first but I am stuck with whatever is in the front.

2) I almost missed the popup window since I wasn't looking at the primary display and it feels disjointed.  Additionally, I would likely have missed this if I were running a full-screen app on my primary display (a frequent occurrence).

Offline JohnStampede

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +2/-0
Re: Round 1 Suggestion: Popup Window Location
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 09:55:58 AM »
Hi Rolo,

We appreciate the feedback. You are correct in your observation that there are some hiccups when working with SecureAPlus on machines with multiple screens. We will take your suggestion in consideration, namely being able to have some degree of control as to where and how notifications appear.

We'd be interested to know if there are any other suggestions regarding this and if you have a perfect example in mind on how software with notifications handles this.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:57:45 AM by JohnStampede »