Author Topic: Why so many processes?  (Read 8573 times)

Offline Tyrizian

• Kudos +0/-0
Why so many processes?
« on: November 16, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »
I absolutely love your software, but why does SecureAPlus require so many processes?

Application Whitelisting Notifier
ClamAV - clamd
Everything (Listed twice)
SecureAge Application Whitelisting Service
SecureAge Everything Server
SecureAge Virus Scanner Service
SecureAPlus
SecureAPlus Service
Universal AV

Is there a way for me to cut back/configure the amount of processes, without sacrificing too much program functionality?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 02:02:12 PM by Tyrizian »

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: Why so many processes?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:25:44 PM »
Thank you for your support to our product SecureAPlus.
Currently to cut the amount of the processes is by disabling the features that you think that you don't really need.
For example, if you have other third party offline AV, you may consider to disable the offline AV feature from SecureAPlus. You may even go further, for example to disable the real-time scanning if you don't need the real-time scan scanning by Universal AV. Universal AV will still give you the full system scan notification if it detected there is any virus in your system after certain interval of time.
We will think of how to improve this in the future. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Offline Tyrizian

• Kudos +0/-0
Re: Why so many processes?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 11:16:03 PM »
Thank you for your support to our product SecureAPlus.
Currently to cut the amount of the processes is by disabling the features that you think that you don't really need.
For example, if you have other third party offline AV, you may consider to disable the offline AV feature from SecureAPlus. You may even go further, for example to disable the real-time scanning if you don't need the real-time scan scanning by Universal AV. Universal AV will still give you the full system scan notification if it detected there is any virus in your system after certain interval of time.
We will think of how to improve this in the future. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Thank you very much for your quick response, this information will definitely help.

As far as improving on process count, I would say that is my only gripe about your software, other than that...it's pretty much close to flawless.

Thanks for the great software, keep up the great work.