Author Topic: The New SecureAPlus - Info and Beta Program  (Read 25841 times)

Offline JohnStampede

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos +2/-0
The New SecureAPlus - Info and Beta Program
« on: September 04, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »
Greetings SecureAPlus Users!

We’ve been gathering feedback from our users to know how we can make SecureAPlus better, and one of the more common responses is that our interface looks dated and to some even unintuitive.

SecureAPlus UI Changes
With that in mind, the most obvious change that the new SecureAPlus will be bringing is the UI. Here are some of the things we considered when designing the new UI:

Easy Access to the Most Relevant Actions

Users typically do 3 things when opening SecureAPlus - Switch Modes, Full System Scan and Changing Settings.

With the new UI
We’ve made it immediately obvious how to do those actions from the main window. The biggest change being the ability to switch modes immediately from the main window.

Unified Windows Approach

SecureAPlus has breadth of security information and controls to show users. Admittedly displaying these has become more difficult as we added more features that we’ve developed. This has resulted in varying windows and notifications for different functions.

With the New UI
We aim to keep navigation focused on the main window and for prompts to finally have a single and unified notification behavior across Application Whitelisting, Universal AV, and the Offline AV.

Protection That’s Less Intimidating

We think security software is supposed to prevent threats from harming your computer, not antagonize the users themselves. We don’t want users to panic at the sight of malware. We want them to feel in control because Application Whitelisting gives users just that.

With the New UI
Security software have that typical feel that people are used to it. Our approach to the new SecureAPlus UI is maintaining a layout that users are already familiar with but giving off a more welcoming feel.

We also considered making discerning the best action as easy as possible with Notifications at a Glance. We achieved this by simplifying and color coding the breadth of relevant information that you usually see with our notifications - Green is good. Red is bad. A mix of colors needs your attention.

More than Just a Facelift

We are also introducing more features that are sure to please both casual and advanced users.

The new SecureAPlus will be significantly improving its anti-virus capabilities with Real Time On-Demand Scans from the Universal AV.

Another feature that is sure to get more users excited is the addition of Silent & Game Modes - features that have been requested for some time.

Also expect big improvements in performance and in minimizing false positives as we make tweaks to how SecureAPlus works.

The SecureAPlus Beta Program

We have more changes in store for the new SecureAPlus and our team is hard at work to get them into your hands.

People interested to get their hands on it early and potentially earn additional rewards can join the new Beta Program. While full details are not yet out, you can let us know you’re interested by leaving your email at the page below:

http://www.secureaplus.com/beta/subscribe.php
All the announcements about the Beta will be made through there so be sure to register as early as possible.

We’d Like to Get Your Initial Impressions
So what do you think about the upcoming changes to the new SecureAPlus?

Like it or hate it or meh? You can share your thoughts here or at the SecureAplus Forums.

Offline curt

• Kudos +0/-0
Re: The New SecureAPlus - Info and Beta Program
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 10:04:58 AM »
I really like the new GUI. I have a perpetual license and I hope it will work with the Beta.

Offline Tarnak

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 10:37:37 AM »
I too, have a perpetual license.  I think that should not have any effect, or prevent running the beta.  :)

P.S.  I have posted over at Wilders' Security forum, that I have been a member of this SecureAplus forum since July 2014....So, I can't understand why it says I only joined today.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:41:12 AM by Tarnak »

Offline asan

• Administrator
  • Kudos +2/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 04:20:18 PM »

Tarnak,
The new user message is caused by different email address that you used previously to register. As we have now consolidate the login to our portal, the login username has been changed to email address.

Offline military

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2015, 06:22:57 AM »
Hello!
Interesting changes. Congratulations! I want to check them out in practice. Several times has sent a request , but received no reply.

Offline aditya yadav

• Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 08:31:58 AM »
Nice Looking GUI .
Hope I will got it Soon.

Offline Rolo42

• DON'T PANIC!
  • Kudos +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2015, 12:42:45 AM »
I just installed 4.1.1, no prior installation.

The picture in the OP shows a progress bar; however, after over 3 hrs. of the initial scan running, I have no progress bar--I have "Initial full system scan is still in progress..." instead.

I can see saapsvc.exe disk/file access with resmon; the SAP UI should show this access as well (at least which folder is currently being scanned in order to show progress rather than look stuck).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 02:46:06 AM by Rolo42 »