Author Topic: Password protect  (Read 20025 times)

Offline Overkill

• Kudos +1/-0
Password protect
« on: July 28, 2015, 11:31:09 PM »
Since you are creating a new gui, would it be possible to password protect the settings/security of the software? I run all my machines in administrator and would love to have that option because I would like to install it on my family members pc's because I think it's a rock solid piece of software. If it's pw protected they can't disable protection.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
Re: Password protect
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:31:29 AM »
You can actually doing the following to achieve the same thing:
- Create a new Windows administrator account, let's say SecureAPlus, and protect it with password.
- Modify the Managed User Rights, remove the administrators from the trusted groups, and add SecureAPlus to the trusted users list.
In this case, only the person that can login as SecureAPlus, can modify the SecureAPlus settings.

Offline Overkill

• Kudos +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 06:22:47 AM »
The reason why I want settings/gui pw protected is I can install it on my kids pc (or any basic user) in lockdown mode and they won't be able to disable it or change any settings. I do this with NoVirusThanks EXE Radar and it works great! If I am understanding you the only person allowed to change settings would be the person using that account? I'm a tad confused lol I will try that on a VM soon.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:26:15 AM by Overkill »

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2015, 09:20:31 AM »
Actually that is exactly according to what you want.
Non-trusted account user by default will be set to lockdown mode, and they don't have the right to switch to other mode.

Offline Overkill

• Kudos +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 10:12:00 AM »
Can this be done in XP?

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 09:04:29 AM »
Yes, this works for XP too.
If you want to try to install on XP, please install SecureAPlus version 3.4.0.2 (https://secureaplusforum.secureage.com/index.php?topic=141.msg393), as version 3.4.0 has issue on Windows XP.

Offline Overkill

• Kudos +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 01:24:28 PM »
I appreciate the help, but I rather not have to make another account to simply password protect an app. I hope this simply feature will be added in the future.

Offline hendy

• SecureAPlus Developer
  • Kudos +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2015, 08:14:04 AM »
Thank you for your feedback. We will see on the possibility to incorporate this feature in the new UI.